5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

duplication (Access XP)

In a database the member is invoiced and makes payment. I am working on a report there a report will only be generated for those that have missed payments. My problem is that if Jack has two invoices that payments are not made for then Jack appears twice with both invoices listed under his name twice.
    Jack
    Invoice 1
    Invoice 2
    Jack
    Invoice 1
    Invoice 2.
    How do I stop this. Someone told me once before but when I try to review my previous posts I get a 404 error message. Also I seem to be blind because I can't see the search function for the board. I would appreciate all help. I am already appropriately embarrassed.

Thanks Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: duplication (Access XP)

The search option has been disabled for a while now - see <!post=Temporary suspension of Search facility,250092>Temporary suspension of Search facility<!/post>.

The record source of your report is probably a query. Open the query in design view, and set the Unique Values property to True. Close and save the query. Post back with details about the record source of the report if that doesn't help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. It worked. I remember this trick now. Thanks. And thanks for the info regarding the search fucntion. I haven't been on the board for a while. Fay

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The original problem has been solved. Now I need to use the data on a different report. The base report is an invoice where some people will be billed for two or three items. If there is past due invoices I want to display those also. So I created a subreport. I have checked and rechecked that the Unique Values is set to yes. But I get the following.
    Past due 1 (subreport 1)
    Past due 2 (subreport 1)
    Item one of new bill
    Past due 1 (subreport 1)
    Past due 2 (subreport 1)
    Item two of new bill

What am I missing? Thank you. Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It seems that the subreport hasn't been linked to the main report properly with the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties of the subreport. Try to check these too.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I checked they are both showing MembershipID. I also reattached the subreport. I am displaying the MembershipID on all forms to allow me to do a visual check. No go. Any other idea?

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I don't know the structure of your database. Perhaps you need to link the subreport on more than one field.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I ended up going with two subreports. Thanks Fay.