Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selecting text

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting text

Hi Art:

That clearly is not what I have. Here's a picture (if I followed Jefferson Scher's advice correctly).
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,

I am still using Win95. Does that account for the difference, or should I keep looking for a better Tweak UI?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Art:

I'm not really sure. It could be that Win95 doesn't support that feature or that you have a different version of IE (I have 5.5). I didn't have this feature in Win95, but I'm not sure if it was because Win 95 didn't support it or TweakUI has improved. I did find out where I downloaded it from. It's at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp>http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/dow...g/NTTweakUI.asp</A>. It can't hurt to download it again & see if it's different.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just downloaded and installed it. No change. Must be either a Win98 thing or an IE 5.5 thing (I have Win95/IE 5.01). I'd really like to get this. What do you think the chances are that it is IE 5.5 instead of Win98? I don't have the IE tab that you show either.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    If you have a version with 13 tabs, you might have 1.3.3.0.0, which is the latest afaia, copyright June 2000. This is similar, but not identical to Phil's illustration : instead of Add/Remove (which is an option under another tab) there is a tab labelled Cmd, which lets you choose or reject the option to Autocomplete filenames and folder names. I don't know if this version works under Win95 (it does under Win 98SE and Win2k)
    To tell for certain which version you have, find the folder with the TweakUI files in it, RClick the tweakUI.cpl file, choose Properties and click Version.

Rgds

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, seems I have the most current version, but only 12 tabs. Based on Phil's screen shot, I am missing the IE tab. Now, my question is which factor is holding me back, Win95 (instead of 98) or IE 5.01 instead of 5.5?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Art:

I'm really not sure, but I suspect it's more Win95 vs. Win98. Actually, I think it may have to do with Active Desktop. I noticed almost no difference between IE5.01 & IE5.5 other than "Print Preview". I've heard of some people having difficulty after installing 5.5--others have had no problem.

If you posted your question on the Win98 board, maybe someone would have the answer. I just don't recall right now.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the help, Phil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12