New Lounger
    Thanks

MSN Money Stock Quotes (Excel 2000)

MS says that this add-on is just for Excel XP. Does anyone know of a way to use it with Excel 2000? I use it on my wife's computer which has Office XP, but would like to use it on my work computer which has Office 2000. If you download and attempt to install it on Office 97, it tells you that Office 2000 is required. On my work computer with Office 2000, it downloads and 'installs' fine. However, the menu options for updating the quotes does not appear in Excell and I can't find a way to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

As an alternate, a function that would allow me to retrieve just the current or close price of a stock or mutual fund would be welcome!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MSN Money Stock Quotes (Excel 2000)

The Stock Quote template is an external data query. I don't have Office 2000 installed, but in XP the toolbar that you need is the External Data Toolbar under the View and Toolbar menus. If you don't see it there most likely that feature isn't available.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In 2000, you can go to Data/Get External Data/New Web Query and use it to get stock quotes or other information from a web page.

New Lounger
    Thanks

How would you get just the current/close price of a stock or mutual fund this way. What I have looked at so far dumps a ton of data per stock into your worksheet. With the MSN Money Stock Quotes in Excel 2002, I can use a function like:
    =MSNStockQuote.Functions.MSNStockQuote(A6,"Last Price","US")
    to get just what I want.