3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking tables in a query

If I understand your questions correctly....
    The links you have created are EQUAL joins. This type join only includes the fields from the joined tables where the joined fields are equal.

To get all the rows from one table and the equal rows from another table use a LEFT or RIGHT join. To change the existing join, double click the join line. This will present the dialog box when the join options.

Hope this helps

Richard Aheron
    raheron@hotmail.com
    Richard

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The problems lies in that there is data from both sides I need. i.e. I need all of the data from the left table (even if it isn't in the right table) and I want all of the data from the right table (even if it isn't in the left table). A bit like an append query, but as a select query.
    I'm not doing a very good job of explaining it.

Thanks for your quick response anyway.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linking tables in a query

Win NT, Access 97.

I am writing a report which uses data from a query, based on a target audience table which is all establishments mailed to and a customers table which is all of those schools that replied. However, through word of mouth or whatever, some establishments have responded which weren't initially mailed to.

The Targets table has establishment types that aren't in the customers table and the customers table has establishment types that aren't in the Targets table.

Therefore none of the links, to my knowledge are suitable, as I'd like all records from both tables. Has anyone got a query method I can use which will bring in all data from both tables and leave the fields in each column where it doesn't appear in the other table blank?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Take a look at Union Queries in help.