3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Manage Contacts from Multiple Account (Outlook Exchange Server 2002 SP2)

I have a primary account on our exchange server. I also have a secondary account that I use for more official e-mails. The secondary account's folders appear on the outlook bar and in all of the lists. However, the contacts for the secondary account do not appear in any of the lists when I use the To: button on an e-mail from my primary account. My first question is: How do I find a contact from the secondary account?

My second question is related, but more general. The contact information on the secondary account is in the mail contact folder, but instead of using categories, but original user of this account made multiple sub-folders in the Contact folder. Even when I send an e-mail directly from the secondary account, I can't find addresses that are in the subfolders in the Contact folder. I have to go to the contact and select send an e-mail message to this contact. This procedure is especially painful if there are multiple recipients. Finally, there is a lot of duplicate information in the sub-folders and not all of it is consistent, so I really need to re-organize the contacts anyway. My second question - generally what's the best way to manage the contacts? I need to maintain the secondary account contacts for newsletter and because others also use it, but i also need to access that information from my primary account. The folders don't seem to be a very good idea, but maybe I don't understand their best use. Can I generate a mailing list from categories?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Manage Contacts from Multiple Account (Outlook Exchange Server 2002 SP

first question: outlook can't add the contacts from other mailboxes to the address list.

Answers to the second question: you need to enable the subfolders as address books, however, it's better to use one folder and categories to group the contacts instead of subfolders. right click on the folder, choose properties and enable them as address books. if you use categories, you can group by categories and select contacts, then use actions new mail to send them mail without using the To button.