New Lounger
    Thanks

Help screens have small fonts! (Office XP)

Is there a way to increase the font size of a help window? It's so small and VERY hard to read. Thanks for your help!

Salli [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help screens have small fonts! (Office XP)

Salli--

(1) First, I experiemented around and the quickest and I believe the most convenient way to get this done is this--it has only one small downside I can see--the downside occurs extremely rarely, and when it does, you can easily reverse this to eliminate the font overlap. Simply go to the IE toolbar, because some settings in IE are tied to some settings in Office even though I know one is part of the OS"
    Tools>Internet Options>Accessibility Button Lower Right of Dialogue Box>Put Check in "Ignore Font Styles on Specified Web Pages.

This will allow you to click in the Help Dialogue box, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard, and simply scroll and control the size with your mouse scroll button. It also works with Text Size

It will with all IE web pages as well. Rarely, you will get a web page and it's in the 1/several thousand range, depending on where you browse and the page designer/developer that has overlap--and simply turn the check off to read that or turn it off if you or working in Office and browsing at the same time.

(2)
    I didn't find a specific KB for this-- and along the way found some interesting keyboard tips to change font sizes in various other locations for Office components, (of course most directed at text), so I finally turned of all places to Help in Word to pose the question of Font size in Help dialogue boxes:

Change the appearance of a Help topic. Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages. But which ones would be nice!:

Open the Help window. In the Help window, click Options (the symbol on the right tucked under the Name Bar that says Microsoft Word or Whichever Help, and then click Internet Options. On the General tab, click Fonts, and then select the options you want. Note If you change the font and background color of the Help topics in the Help window, the change will also affect the font and background color when you view a Web page in Microsoft Internet Explorer. You can also change color by going to the Accessibility tab and ignoring color on

I also found :

299292: OL2002: Large Fonts Are Not Displayed In Dialog Boxes

SMBP

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help screens have small fonts! (Office XP)

I don't have XP, but can you go to the desktop? Right click & choose Properties/Appearance tab & scroll to window text &/or message text. You can increase the font size for all windows & messages there. Another option would be to change the screen resolution.
    Cheers,