dearnold

Failed to initialize Vbox (XP (2002)

Just recently have started to get an error message while Outlook is open. A box pops up which says "Failed to initialize Vbox (0010-0016-0120)" I click on OK, it pops up 2 or 3 more times and I squash it. Then, I have to close Outlook and reopen it to continue working. If I try "Send/Receive" before closing and reopening Outlook, I get the message "Operation Failed".
    Running Win 2000 and Office XP Pro on a Dell 8200 Dimension that's about 18 mos. old. Installed and using Time & Chaos as PIM for the last several months -- but still using Outlook for email.
    Any ideas? Thanks!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Failed to initialize Vbox (XP (2002)

"VBOX" is the "Time Limited Demo/Anti-Piracy Software" that many software companies use to control the use of their software. Did you install a trial version of Time & Chaos or of other software? The problem is caused by that software, not by Outlook itself.

dearnold

Thank you. I have a licensed version of Time & Chaos, but I still have the trial version of their email client -- bet that's what's causing it. Will uninstall it and see.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just got the same message and search led me to this thread. I was importing an ACT (dbf) file into Outlook and got the msg after importing most of the Contacts. I never heard of Time & Chaos and do not have any other trial software that I'm aware of. Search of MS KB yields six items, all about Visio. I do not have Visio on this machine.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The error message is mentioned in connection with importing from ACT! several times in the newsgroups (see here) but without a reply.

Elsewhere I found the suggestion to find and run VSetupT.exe, but the poster couldn't find this file on his/her PC...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, thanks for the info. All my research also ended in a dead end. However, I solved the problem by moving both ACT and Outlook databases to another PC (with more RAM) on my network . The importing went just fine. There must be some very well hidden piece of Vbox on the first PC!
    Best,
    Howard