3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Import .dbx files (OE6)

A friend of a friend thinks he has lost all his E-mails in OE (as a result of an ISP trying to 'fix' a problem he had with his E-mail) and has asked how he can find and import them. I thought I would test this, but when I tried the Import -> OE6 function, every time I tried to point it to a folder that contained a .dbx file, I got a message that 'No Messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open . Please select another folder or try closing the applications that have the files open'.

No other program is open, so I'm guessing that the second part of that message is inapplicable. However, is it not possible to Import messages? .dbx is the filetype of mailmessages in OE's store, right?

Any help in finding and importing these 'lost' messages would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import .dbx files (OE6)

you need to reconnect the DBXs to OE. See http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ for instructions. Alternately, you can use DBXtract to burst the files then drag the messages to OE folders.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import .dbx files (OE6)

Wow! Thanks for your *super-fast* reply!

I've checked out the URL you supplied, and while I didn't see anything regarding Reconnecting, I did find out that the Folders.dbx MUST be included in the same Folder that the Mailbox you want to Import is included in, otherwise OE won't see the structure.

I hope this well help the friend to whom I referred, and I thank you sincerely for your help (and again for your fast reply).

Kind Regards
    Brian