2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

text won't stay in correct column (2000)

Please see attachment.
    The text in red at the top of the third column should be under the bulleted red text in the middle of the second column but if I try to cut & paste it, other text jumps over.
    I don't know how it got to the top of the third column - I received this document as is.
    Thanks VERY much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: text won't stay in correct column (2000)

There are two continuous section breaks in the document - one after the paragraph marker after "Guide to ** Possible SPAM post - please alert a Moderator (2)** Services" in the third column, and one at the very end of the third column. The placement of the first section break is part of what is causing the problem.

When you select text, then click on the format menu and choose columns, then tell it how many columns you want and click OK, Word automatically inserts continuous section breaks at the beginning and end of the text you selected. So any time you have columns (not tables, mind you, but columns), you should have a continuous section break at the beginning and end of the columns. Here you have two continuous section breaks, but one is in the middle of the columns.

Try deleting both section breaks. If you do not know where they are, click on the show/hide button on the toolbar and they will be displayed. Deleting the section breaks will remove the column formatting. Then select all the text, click the format menu, choose columns, click on the three column button, then click on OK. That will put the red text back where it belongs. You may need to tinker with the font sizes to get everything to fit. You may also need to set column breaks, which you can do by putting your cursor at the text you want to be at the bottom of a column, then clicking the Insert menu, choosing column break, then clicking OK.

Lee Morgan

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: text won't stay in correct column (2000)

Thanks so much for the quick response.
    After deleting the section breaks, I was able to move/format any and all of the text very easily.
    Thanks again and have a great day.