Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Form errors (2002)

    I've got a form with some edits - and message boxes if the error occurs (typical stuff). To test the form I cause the error situation on my form but nothing happens. I have an amount box for every month and if I enter amounts that should cause the error to occur, I get a system error telling me the amount is not valid but not the custom message I designed.
    I also have a total box (calculated) with a limit and it doesn't trigger no matter what amounts I've put in the monthly fields. I've tried to toggle breakpoints in the code but they don't trigger either.

    I'm doing this on a multi-tab form. Although I've not worked with tabs before, I've done this lots of times on "regular" forms with no problem.

    What do I check / change / fix...
    please help if you can. I'll be happy to provide additional information (inevitably my questions sound fine to me but are not complete enough for an immediate response)

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: Form errors (2002)

    The tab control has nothing to do with it.

    Where have you put the tests? This may be important. For example, it doesn't make sense to handle the Before Update or After Update event of a calculated control. These events only occur if the user changed the contents of a control, not if it is changed by a formula or by VBA.

    Where does the "system error" come from?

  3. #3
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Form errors (2002)

    Hans
    Thanks for your input. I knew it was something unobtrusive - but it took your e-mail for me to find it. First of all, I had my field set to byte and it was not large enough. That fixed the Access error message. I have that error-tracking working just fine, now. The other error was as you said - I had the error triggered by the update - I would never have found that - I'm not familiar enough with events on calculated controls.

    You have helped immensely. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •