Lounger
    Thanks

Command Button Wizard (2K)

I'm interested in finding an alternative to the Command Button Wizard. I have a form that uses Find Record, Save Record, Open Form, Add Record buttons.

My application is on a peer-to-peer network set up by an IT staffer. Development takes place on the machine hosting the application. Everything works fine on the host machine. There's a problem when another user on another machine attempts to use the buttons via a Front End. When using any of those buttons, an error message appears. It suggests adding code to the Find Record macro. I fear the local development environment may have a hand in the operation of the Wizard created buttons that doesn't translate well to those pointing to a shared folder.

Or it could be something else. I just don't know.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Command Button Wizard (2K)

You don't have to use a wizard at all and you can turn it off in the toolbox. However, if the forms were built by the wizard on the development machine, the code for those command buttons is built into the forms. What do you mean by the "find record macro"? And with respect to a "front end", are you talking about their *own* application, or something built and distributed to them?
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

The forms were built in Design View. I used a Wizard for Command Buttons within the form. The Front End is built and distributed to users.
    From their machine, I open a form and click on the Find Record button. I am able to enter search criteria. Upon clicking Find Next button I get the following message:

The control 'save_button' the macro is attempting to search can't be searched.
    Try one of the following:
    *Add a GoTo control before the Find Record action.
    *For the Find Record action, change the only current field action argument from Yes to No
    *Change the focus to a searchable control.

I've attached the code for the command buttons.
    HTH Charlotte
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

janie.

Not sure if this will help, but you're obviously trying to search a particular field.

Change:

Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 10, , acMenuVer70

To:

Me.txtMyFieldIWantToSearchFrom.Setfocus
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 10, , acMenuVer70

The "txtMyFieldIWantToSearchFrom" is for this demo part only, change it to the field name you want to search.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!