5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

formula help (AccessXP)

What I want to do is print an invoice that shows current charges for the month and any past due payments.

subsubrptPastDueStatements shows total for invoices that are outstanding minus any partial payment
    subsubrptInvoiceMemberFees shows line items for current invoice
    Both of those are placed on a subrptInvoiceMember that has the member's name and address and the grand total comes from the two above reports.

My current problem is that if there are no outstanding payments I get an #Error message. I have tried to use the NZ in IIF(IsNull) and have been unable to create the correct formula. I would appreciate any and all help. I get the error message with the following formula.

=subrptInvoiceMemberFees.Report!sumFees+subsubsubr ptPastDueStatement.Report!sumRemaining

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: formula help (AccessXP)

Where are you trying to place this formula, and where are these subreports-that is, are some of them nested in other subreports? Also, are you trying to refer to calculated controls in this formula, because you can't base a calculation directly on a calculation.
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

subsubrptPastDueStatements shows total for invoices that are outstanding minus any partial payment. In the MembershipID footer the sumRemaining textbox sums the remaining value that is the result of a query field that substracts payments from total owed.

subsubrptInvoiceMemberFees shows line items for current invoice. In the MembershipID footer the sumFees textbox sums the individual fees that are brought in from a table via a query.

These two reports are placed on the subrptInvoiceMember. This grouping is then placed on the rptInvoice.

The formula above is in the detail area on the subrptInvoiceMember. I tried it in the page footer where I still get the #Error message. I also ran into another problem when the subrptInvoiceMember report is placed on the rptInvoice the results of the formula doesn't show.

The formula above gives the correct value from adding the two textboxes in the MembershipID footer.s The problem happens on those people who are up to date on payments and only owe the current subtotal. I thought that it was because I allowed the subsubrptPastDueStatement to shrink. That doesn't make a difference.

Thank you for your help. Fay

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I found the answer. I used the HasData property. Thanks Fay