New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems on taskbar (XP SP1)

I cannot see open files, programs on the task bar. I have to use alt tab to view open files programmes. I am the administrator and all three other users have no problems? I have spoken with MS who suggest creating a new user as my profile is corrupted. This is a big job can anyone suggest an easier solution? Jonathan

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems on taskbar (XP SP1)

Try this--it may well fix this:

<A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm">Kelly's A to Z>under "T">Taskbar
    Taskbar - Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar</A>

Download the reg file in the hyperlink. Download this reg file and double click it. Answer yes to the import prompt: Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar

Note: Do not reboot or logoff. Once the edit is merged, right click the Notification Area/Task Manager/Processes. Highlight Explorer.exe, End Process.

Leave the Task Manager open. Once the process has ended, choose File/New Task and type in: Explorer.exe.

SMBP

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank You for your help problem resolved Jonathan

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Good news. That site is a terrific resource--she'll trump any MS support much of the time. They should only be so lucky to have her on their payroll--she does tons for them for free. Also Johnathan remember System File Checker as a go to when something like this comes up which is almost always a symptom of corrupt files, dlls, ect.

SMBP