2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Table Auto text entry (2002)

Hi there,

I have created an autotext entry to format a meeting 'action item' entry into the meeting minutes document. I created the entry by highlighting the table (without borders) and then tools/autocorrect options/autotext - add.

The autotext entry does not have borders when you view it in the autotext entry window, however when enabling the autotext entry (named 'inact') the autotext entry table comes out with borders.

I have attached an example of what I want to do.

Any ideas why this happens and how I can correct this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Table Auto text entry (2002)

Q. Why does it happen?
    A. It is a bug to do with Table Styles which have only been introduced in Word XP and the gotchas haven't been ironed out yet.

Q. How do I fix it?
    A. Edit one of the existing Table Styles so that it has no borders and all the same attributes of the table you want to insert. Then apply that Table Style to the table. Then put that table in as your Autotext Entry.

IMPORTANT: Make sure everything in the autotext entry is exactly as the Paragraph Style defines. This means you should be able to Select the text and do a Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-Space without anything changing. If there is local formatting applied to something in the table, when it comes back into the document, you will develop new style aliases and may have the Table Styles change automatically to something else.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Table Auto text entry (2002)

Andrew,

Thanks. Problem solved with your help...yet again. Till next time ...historically speaking, this will not be far away!!!