2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

moving to a different position within a form (word 2002)

i have a word form with fill in boxes, while i can move to a second position by the use of a hyperlink within the form, which works ok.

once i protect the form fields with a password the option is lost , not even the pop up shows.

how can i overcome this

Thanks

Re: moving to a different position within a form (word 2002)

Almost everything other than controls you insert from the Forms toolbar becomes inaccessible when you protect for Forms.

Controls are designed with the capability to run a macro "on entry" and "on exit." If you want a user to go to a particular control when exiting your textbox, you can create a macro to do it. (At least I think so, I've seen some strange behavior in past experiments.) Do you think the user(s) will be willing to press Tab to exit the field?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thank you for your quick reply to my call for help.
    what i am trying to do is have a text box with a " help" in the same document but not visible initially.

i might be barking mad!!

Thanks

I really don't know how I would do that; you can change unprotected sections of the document all you want, but because sections generally break out vertically, this might not be possible in the layout of your form.If you can picture an unprotected horizontal band in the middle of your form that would initially be empty or hidden somehow, and then made visible by your code, that's what I'm referring to.

You could create a help button on a floating toolbar and keep the toolbar hidden until your macro detects a condition that requires it to be displayed...

Weak, I know, but I'm not a forms person.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have you experimented with the Help attribute which can be applied to each form field.

This allows you a place to store Help information which is accessible via reading the status bar or when the user presses F1 from that field.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia