Lounger
    Thanks

Extand and access the internat Ms Office objects (ALL)

Hi!

How to extand and access the internat Office object structure.
    Is there any Dev Kit for Microsoft Partners that in not available to "normal" users?
    Something like NOKIA back entrence!?

gicio

Thanks

Re: Extand and access the internat Ms Office objects (ALL)

The formats of Office files are proprietary and not generally available. But, you have lots of options to automate Office applications, and to use ActiveX "web controls" on web sites that provide a subset of Office functionality.

What do you want to access? Can you give us an example?

(I'm not sure what you're referring to about NOKIA. Should I be worried about a phone virus?

Lounger
    Thanks

Hello!

We are currently struggling with a problem of extending Microsoft PowerPoint (PP) freehand line functionality.

Here is our objective:
    Imagine you have a brush in your hand and you are drawing a line. You can easily change the thickness of this line while drawing by controlling the pressure on the paper. So after you drew it the line has many different thicknesses in it depending on how many times you changed the pressure while drawing. Back to PP

Thanks

That's an interesting problem. If you convert one of your lines to a WMF or BMP format image, does it scale the way you expect? I think that these are the things for which PowerPoint has predictable behavior, while other kinds of objects are hit or miss.

You can obtain file format information under nondisclosure agreement from Microsoft. I don't think any certification is required, but you might have to enroll in a logo program or otherwise qualify through a developer program. Whether you can learn more about PowerPoint's native objects the same way, I don't know.