Thread: SMTP Error (XP)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SMTP Error (XP)

I am using Outlook XP running on Windows XP Pro. I have two email accounts set up in Outlook, Account 1 (default) & Account 2. They each have a different POP3 server (with the same USER ID & password) but I am using the same SMTP server for both accounts.

Account 1 works fine

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: SMTP Error (XP)

In most cases you will need to use the same Outgoing setting (SMTP) settings in both accounts. Most ISP do not allow you to send email from their server to another email server.

I have 5 different email accounts from 5 different providers (POP3) incoming, but all use the same out going (SMPT), which is at the ISP that I am logged into.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Dave. In fact, that IS the problem - I do have exact same settings for outgoing SMTP for both accounts - the same ISP server. That is why I am confused. Outlook will connect to my ISP SMTP server for Account 1 but will not connect for Account 2 despite the fact that it is the same server with the same settings.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

can you give us a screen shot of the settings in both accounts. You can block the account name so no one can steal the info.

Will the email from account2 down load?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dave, thanks to your request, my problem is solved. I was trying to figure out what you actually wanted a screen shot of since the SMTP settings were the same. As I was examining each screen trying to determine what you needed that was different from I described, I realized that in Account 1, I spelled "adelphia" correctly but in Account 2, I spelled it "adlephia". Obviously that was why it didn't work. I corrected it and I am now happy. I need to go wash the egg off my face now. Thanks again for your patience and cheerful persistence.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

We all have been there, that is why I asked for a screen shot. A new set of eyes has solved many problems.