Thread: Reports (2000)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reports (2000)

I'm trying to develop reports and I'm having a problem with controls. I have some fields containing hours and some fields calculating benefits and totals (it's a personnel analysis) but if I put a total line in any of the footers like =sum(CalculatedFieldControlName) as my control source then I get a missing parameter when I run the report. If I use the calculation for the field then it works fine, but it's cumbersome to have a bunch of IIF statements and multiple fields adding to multiple fields.)

I thought I'd done this before now I'm thinking I'm crazy.... I can't figure out what's happening, what I'm doing or how to fix it.

Just like my other problems, I'm sure this is something simple that I'll bang my head over when I find out... but I would sure appreciate some "duh" guidance....

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports (2000)

Are you using the text box name as an argument for the sum function or are you using the record source name? I have done similar totalling by using the record source name. If the record source name for CalculatedFieldControlName is, for example, sngHours, then the footer would contain =sum([sngHours]).

That's what has worked for me. Hope this helps.
    Carol W.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports (2000)

The easiest way is to try to do the calculations in the query, then you can use the fieldname from the query in your report (although, be sure to rename the controls so they don't have the same name as the controlsource).

But if CalculatedFieldControlName is a control name whose control source is an equation, you can't directly CalculatedFieldControlName in =sum(). You have to use the actual equation, such as =sum(field1*field2).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.