Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to make Date display in Taskbar

How to make Date display in Taskbar

I often need to know the current date, but I can only see it when I hover the mouse pointer over the taskbar time display. Is there a trick that I can do so that the date will always be display alongside with the time?

What I would like to see:
    Monday, April 02, 2001 3:22 PM

Thank you!

--llyal

Thanks

Re: How to make Date display in Taskbar

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://users.iafrica.com/d/da/dalen/tclockex.htm>TClockEx</A> works fairly well, but note the release notes:

TClockEx works with Windows 2000, except for a display issue involving the taskbar in auto-hide mode, which I am working on to resolve.

If you do not use auto-hide, you won't have a problem.
    Basically, if you do, it will not always display the full time and date - just the left hand portion.
    If you use the default date_then_time layout, you will frequently see only the date displayed. I get round this by formatting the display as:
    HH:mm:ss - d MMM
    which means I always get at least the time displayed.
    Otherwise, very useful, with a single click calendar.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Leif!

I just downloaded it- looks like it will do the job. I read your warnings- if the date and time are "always" displayed, I will be happy. I will find out when I install it.

--llyal

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    TClock is a decent little app. However, it has more functionality in Win98 than in Win2k. (CPU usage bar is not available, though Memory is). Tip : you can configure it so that a single left-click on the clock bar brings up a calendar. If you can't find it, get it from me at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mercury.org.uk/dnlds1.htm#mark5> #15</A>. It's freeware.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tested the suggested time/date program. It works above my expectations! It does what I want in Windows 2K- display the date and the time together. Highly recommended to others who need similar capability from Windows.

--llyal