Thread: Driver issue

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Driver issue

Hey, I am fixing a computer for a friend and I had to F disk it. That is all done and everything works fine now except I cannot get the Lan driver to be recognized. If i plug the ethernet cord in, the lights flash so its responding but 98 wont recognize the driver, i have the disk of the driver and i also downloaded the latest version. it worked before she had all the issues, I know this is vague but any suggestions?

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Driver issue

You will need to reinstall the drivers. You will have to point the Add Hardware Wizard to the correct file on that disk.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What do you mean when you say that Win98 "won't recognize" the driver? If you haven't already done what Cowboy suggested, open Device Manager and see if it shows the network card. If it does, right-click for properties and then update driver. As Cowboy said, in this case too, you'll have to tell it where to find the driver (floppy or folder).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ok I got it to work thanks guy, i reinstall everything with the resource cd and it worked, i think because i put the driver on right away as opposed to after i did everything else