2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

List Number Styles (XP)

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that XP's List and/or List Number styles are problematic. Does anyone know of any negative consequences to using those styles? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: List Number Styles (XP)

All versions of Word suffer from difficulties with automatic numbering. I don't use it very much, but what I have read here is that you always should define the numbering (particularly outline numbering) as part of the style, rather than applying numbering to existing paragraphs in another style. Hopefully you will get more specific responses.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List Number Styles (XP)

I haven't used 2002, but in past versions List Numbering is relatively good. I haven't heard any particularly negative comments from using the List Number styles. One important thing to keep in mind is that if the numbers start going haywire (spaghetti numbering), go back to the first level & make sure that you're using the same list template throughout. You will see the list template when your cursor is in a list number paragraph & you right click & choose Bullets & Numbering. At any level on the list, the same box location on the Numbering tab should be outlned.