New Lounger
    Thanks

converting from RTF (Word 2000)

Hi, I was e-mailed a document in RTF. I have Office 2000/Windows 2000. When I try to open the document, I only see a few lines listing fonts. Others who have received the document have had no difficulty opening it in WORD. In the past I've opened RTF docs. I've tried "saved as," looking at it in Wordpad, etc. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: converting from RTF (Word 2000)

When you open Word & use the File/Open dialog box, make sure that the "Files of type" doesn't say "Recover text from any document". It sounds like you have that setting, which is sticky from session to session. Change it to *.* (all files).
    Cheers,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. However, I checked how I was opening WORD documents and it is opening it as "All Files" not "recover text from any document." So, I guess that is not my problem.

Any other ideas

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Gosh, it sounds like it's corrupt. You could try viewing it in an all purpose viewer such as Quick View Plus (which used to come with Windows...I don't know if it still does). You could try opening it in Notepad to see if there's anything you can recover. Or better, I'd ask one of the others who has a good version to send you a copy.
    Cheers,