New Lounger
    Thanks

Nested If Thens (1)

Thank you to whomever helps me! I need a formula that can go from cell to cell when certain criteria isn't met and then finally put in data in another cell. For instance, I would like the data to end up in E1, I need the formula to look at A1 and if it meets my criteria then it puts the data in E1, if not then it moves on to B1, same thing, then C1, same thing SO if A1, B1, and C1 do not match up then it puts in D1's data into E1, but if one of the cells does meet the criteria then it stops and puts that data into E1 at any given cell, A1, B1, or C1. I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Thank you!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nested If Thens (1)

Assuming the criteria is the same for each test...

=IF(A1=Criteria,A1,IF(B1=Criteria,B1,IF(C1=Criteri a,C1,IF(D1=Criteria,D1,"Error"))))

where "Criteria" is a named range

Thanks

Could you be specific, this sounds like it could be done with nested IFs, but it might be better using a VLOOKUP or MATCH function depending on what you want to do.

If A1-D1 are values in ascending order for example and you want to fine the largest one greater than some value you could use a lookup function. If you are trying to do something else, multiple IFs might be appropriate.

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you - it worked perfectly.