2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WEB SITE AND ACCESS (2000)

I'm trying to automatically import a text file from a web site into an Access data base. I have the data base set up but when I try to import the data I get an error message that says "Internal Internet Failure" Can anyone help? I'm using the "file-get external data-import" command.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WEB SITE AND ACCESS (2000)

Sorry, but you're going to have to provide more details. Do you mean you are going to the menu and trying to import a file from a website? What happens if you download it to your local drive and then try to import it? First you have to determine whether the problem is the file or something else. And what is the format of the "text" file, comma delimited, tab delimited, or fixed width? What extension does the file have? Access 2000 and 2002 balk at come file extensions that were acceptable in earlier versions.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I download the comma delimited file, all is well. The only time I have a problem is when I go to my website to download the file. The file is a .txt file. Yes I am trying to download the file by using the import feature in Access. I choose "file-import" etc then choose the path thru the window that pops up. I can go right to the file, choose it then I get the error message. I can download the file to my computer and import it with no problem.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Then it sounds like the problem is related to the path to the website rather than to Access handling the download. There are limits on the length of path strings and there can be characters in URLs that will be misinterpreted by VBA. Could you be tripping over that?
    Charlotte