5 Star Lounger
    NJ, USA

Running sum issues (AccessXP)

I am still working on an invoice.

Attached is a picture hopefully making this clearer. There are two subsub reports placed on a subreport that is finally placed on the main report. The main reports is the association letterhead. The current Invoice information is displayed on every invoice. If the client has outstanding invoices the second subsub report is display, otherwise its Can shrink property is set to Yes.

The information in the Charge, Invoice Total, and Payments columns comes from a table and the controls below the lines are calculated controls. The Remaining controls, with a right pointing to the left of them, pull the value from the calculated control in the Payment column. The Current and Past Due controls use the following formulas to retrieve the value from the subsub reports.
    Current =IIf(subrptInvoiceMemberFees.Report.HasData=True,s ubrptInvoiceMemberFees.Report!sumFees,0) and
    Past Due =IIf(subsubsubrptPastDueStatement.Report.HasData=T rue,subsubsubrptPastDueStatement.Report!sumRemaini ng,0)
    The Total Due sums the Current and Past Due controls.
    The Remaining controls, with the arrow, has Running Sum property set to Over Group
    You have probably already spotted the problem. The Past Due control does not in fact report the final running sum. It displays the value from the first invoice. Does anyone have a solution to the problem? Thank you. Fay
    Attached Images Attached Images

Redcliff, Alberta, Canada

Re: Running sum issues (AccessXP)

Oddly enough, I just finished adding something similar to a report this morning.

I went back to the source of the report and based it on two queries. Once that gives me the fields and one that does the summing.

[b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile