New Lounger
    Thanks

Mystery box is driving me crazy! Please help ... (Excel 2000)

I have been asked to edit a spreadsheet for a co-worker. However, the oddest thing keeps happening. When I click on one specific cell, a box pops up beside it. It's not a comment, it's not a combo or list box. It looks like a comment, but when I right click the cell to edit the text, it just gives me the standard shortcut menu, with nothing referencing this mystery box. It won't allow me to right click the box, just the cell. I can drag the box with the left mouse button, but I can't change its size, font, color, etc. When I click off the cell, the box goes away. The coloring in the box seems like standard coloring, and matches the color scheme on my computer. I've attached an example of this cell.

I've also attached an example of a cell with a linked list box. Again, I've looked but cannot find information about this. Could one of you please give me a heads up as to how to recreate or edit these boxes? Thank you all for your help.

Thanks

Re: Mystery box is driving me crazy! Please help ... (Excel 2000)

Data Validation is applying an Input message, select the cell, choose Data, Validation and you'll find the message there.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mystery box is driving me crazy! Please help ... (Excel 2000)

Thank you! I'll read my Excel book about Data validation and check out the Help page to figure out the details about how to use this feature. At least now I have a point of reference.