3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A form with two subforms (97, 2000)

I am trying to create a form with two cascading subforms showing unique employees, who hold unique positions, for which each position requires unique course, although several positions may require one course and several positions may be held by one employee. I have attached what I have figured out so far and it works very well with frmemployees and the subfrmpositions. I become bogged down when I go to the courses. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A form with two subforms (97, 2000)

Hi John...

I'm working on a sample for you but I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly...

1) You want a form that will show an employee, all of the positions that they hold, and the corresponding courses required... correct??
    2) The individual employee changing as the user navigates through the main form records?
    3) I notice that your Courses table shows 2 different required courses fields... If I'm understanding what you want, I think I'd set the tables up a little differently...
    Is it possible for you to give me a sample of how you want to see the data... using dummy information?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A form with two subforms (97, 2000)

Thanks for the reply and all of your efforts. I trust you didn't spend too much time on it. After about an hour or two, I figured it out for myself. I had to create another table to link the course data to the positions. It works like a charm.