New Lounger
    Thanks

Untitled document index page

I am using Dream weaver MX to create a website for a customer. The website is almost complete however, the index page shows as "untitled document" when displayed in internet explorer. The index page consists of "one page header page", "one left gutter page" and "one main body page" to make the index. I have named all of the pages the same within the page properties. I seem to have followed the Dreamweaver help file correctly, all to no avail. The website, for those who may wish to assist is, http:www.degema.co.uk . Naturally, with the pages displayed as untitled, the full professionalism remains incomplete.

Please can anyone assist me in correcting this issue I have.

Regards

Ray

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Untitled document index page

Edit the Index Page in Code View and look right up near the top in the head area. You will find "Untitled Document" sitting inside the Title tags. Change this and save/upload.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks

Sounds as though the individual frames have <TITLE></TITLE> tags, but not the frameset itself.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for your responses. It would seem that the index page on my local PC is correctly named, frames set also. I am dragging and dropping the file into a FTP client. I noticed that if I downloaded the index.htm file from the ftp server and viewed the code, it was in fact <title> untitled document </title>. Very weird.

So to over come this, I have selected view code on the faulty file, changed the header information and 'file save as' index.htm from within notepad. When I then up load the amended native html file, the title sticks.......

Many thanks.
    Ray

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

FWIW, very nice stuff there! I wish I lived in the U. K. I looked at not only the web pages, but the PIX galleries as well and they're outstanding! Good job to YOU and your CLIENTS!