New Lounger
    Thanks

VBA Patch (Office 97)

Tried to install "VBA64-KB822150-X86-ENU" patch. Computer hung in updating files mode on restart. Rebooted and got screen saying monitor not responding and started in default setting. Fixed monitor settings then went to check version of Vbe.dll file as instructed at MS. No version number in there. Tried to reinstall patch. This time the computer hung during install. Tried 2 more time and got the same results. Went to MS and reloaded patch tried to install again and it keeps hanging up in install.

Path to Vbe.dll file is C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVBA. Version should be 5.0.78.15 after patch. Operating system is Win98.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VBA Patch (Office 97)

Unfortunately, you didn't mention what Windows you are using. Presuming you are using Windows98, run SCANDISK first. Then, it will be good to run Disk Defragmenter. Next, stop all Norton or McAfee programs runnung on your computer (including Antivirus). And at last, go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Install button and follow the wizard, pointing it to executable file you downloaded (VBA64-KB822150-X86-ENU.exe).

Good luck!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VBA Patch (Office 97)

I tried reinstallation following your suggested sequence. It still locked up during installation. I ended up right clicking on the patch and hitting open. I got a prompt asking if I wanted to install, clicked yes and it worked.

I still don't have a version number. But the created date is June 11, 2003 which is what MS says it should be. So I think that it is fixed. I did not check the created date after my first install attempt. It could have went the first time.