2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Kensington Trackball Driver

Hi everyone,

A few weeks back my Maxtor HD failed and I lost the driver for the "Kensington Expert Mouse 4.0". They are no longer supporting that model so we couldn't download it from their site. Before I have to go out and buy one of their new trackballs (I'm perfectly happy with this one, but with no driver. . .), does anyone happen to be using it and have the driver? I believe it is MWS511.exe. If it matters, I'm P2/WIN98. Upgrading next near, I promise.

Thanks!
    Kris
    Kris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Kensington Trackball Driver

Have you tried Driver Guide? You'll have to "register" but I found Mouseworks 5.6 and it's maybe worth a shot. (I'd hope it's backward compatible)

Banned Member
    Thanks

I found the EXE here MWS511.exe All I could find was the download itself. I found it at this site and encoded the language to english. Here

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cowboy, under the "Here", it's all Japanese/Chinese and I don't know what to click.

Al, I found mws530.exe in their old archives. Assuming that's a date, I bet it's a newer version than my 511, which was about 2 years old. But the file's HUGE. Way too big for a floppy, and zipping isn't working. It's already a self-extracting executable. I'm at work trying to find this driver. Best I can figure out to do is email it home and hope I can get to the email with keyboard commands to retrieve it. If that doesn't work, maybe I can get back to their site with keyboard commands and download it again. What's the keyboard command to open IE from the desktop?
    Kris

Super Moderator
    Thanks

That is because Cowboy has the cookie you don't. A lot of these sites are cookie controled for the different settings.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Did you click on the MWS511.exe link. It is the executable download. By the way this was the original link from Google Here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=...mp;q=MWS511.exe

By the way have you checked your Win98 CD for those Drivers? Kensington Expert Mouse 4.0 (really a trackball) - driver built into W98SE. See this site Here

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ah. The mws511.exe link came up this time. The LAN (work) was pitching me out this morning. Now I have both 511 and 530 drivers. Only left with the issue of how to get at them at home with nothing but the keyboard.

I'm pretty sure that the tech who builds my system (rebuilt, in this case) loaded WIN98SE this time. I have a flat file so I'll check for the driver again. Perhaps he didn't look, but went straight to the Kensington site for the upgraded driver. Y'know, he said he googled for it and couldn't find it. I have disks that came with the trackball, but they are only DOS drivers. Good lead. I hope to heck it's there. That would be the easiest way out.

Thanks, guys! You have saved me 100 bucks - the cost of a new trackball! I've learned another lesson the hard way. That folder of files on the hard drive that I always meant to put on a CD and never did. One of the first things I'm going to get done this time around.
    Kris