3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HTML emails being sent as plain text

I have created an HTML email with all my text formatted as required and with links back to the company's server to provide the images. The email looks as expected when sent to someone within the company (all using Outlook and Exchange 2000) but when I send it to external systems (running Outlookor anything else) it turns up as plain text with links to the images.

The links on the plain text emails work, they open the images, so I assume they have been set up correctly for people not on the company's domain.
    When I forward one of the emails that have been received within the company to someone outside they arrive correctly formatted, so the HTML is written correctly.
    The emails are sent programatically (from an Access database) and the body text is placed in the HTMLBody property of an Outlook mail item object.

Can anybody suggest why they are going outside the domain as plain text?

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML emails being sent as plain text

Sorry about the cross posting, I wasn't sure what section it should have been in.

Problem now solved. Somehow the Message Format in Exchange System Manager had been changed from MIME to UUEncode. The administrator says that he didn't do it. I wonder if it might have been changed by an update or patch, or can these settings just change themselves?

Ian