Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2000 something changed (2000)

I am suddenly getting an error message that says I need to run setup to repair my "word 2000". 1. I can't seem to figure out how to access SETUP (windows xp) to tell it to repair. 2. Why would this have happened. My outlook won't function either because it says they don't match (word and outlook).

Thanks,
    br

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 something changed (2000)

Hi Beverly:
    The repair option is accessed from within Word. It's on the Help menu. If you have more than one version of Word installed, this can happen, as running a previous version can reset the associations. Also, if you've tried to access a feature that was set to be installed on first run or from a CD, you can get that message. You may also have an add-in that's causing changes that produces that message. I would run the repair first (having the CD handy). If it keeps happening every time you start Word (after running repair once), post back.
    Cheers,

Thanks

Re: Word 2000 something changed (2000)

If you can't access Word's menu because you can't get into Word, use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to fire up the Office 2000 installer. One of the option will be to Detect and Repair. Have your CD handy.