Thanks

Word ActiveX Error 336 Registry (Word 2000 SR-3)

I'm using Word 2000. We have PC Docs installed as well, a document management system. I am trying to use Insert, Picture, File to insert a JPG into a Word file. Because of PC Docs, I have to hold down the left shift key when I click "file" or else PC Docs runs. If I hold down left shift, I get the Word file open dialog to insert the JPG from disk. Well, that's the way it's supposed to work. Today, I'm getting errors indicating that "component not properly registered" or something like that. When I click OK, I eventually get an Error 336. I looked on MS's web site, and this has something to do with ActiveX controls not being properly registered. The only thing I can thing of that's different from last week when this stuff worked is the latest security patch for Windows 2000 (something like MS093?? or maybe MS039??). Anybody ever see anything like this error and know what to do about it? Uninstalling and reinstalling Word does NOT work, cause I tried it.

Thx.

-Rich Belthoff

Thanks

Re: Word ActiveX Error 336 Registry (Word 2000 SR-3)

To add to this post, the error message shows at the top "Microsoft Visual Basic" and then the error is "Component not correctly registered". This is happening to several different things, like the Avery label wizard and CrossEyes, the "reveal codes" software from Levit & James. It's like VBS is no longer working properly for some things. Very strange. Any ideas??

Thx.

-Rich Belthoff