4 Star Lounger
    Sayre, Pennsylvania, USA

Date Field in Forms (2002)

I'm creating a form and I have a Text field that I'm using the Date format of MM-yy. When I type in data it wants to change the year to 03 everytime, but I need to put in 02. I can't figure out why it's doing this. Is there a default somewhere where only this year can be put in?

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: Date Field in Forms (2002)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 15-Sep-03 19:13. One more workaround...)</P>I'm getting a similar result for any numeric value from 1 to 31. 99 and 00 work fine. My interpretation of this is that Word figures the user is entering a day date rather than a year, discards the day value, and inserts the current year.

Is there a fix for this? Hmmm... Maybe a search at will turn one up. I don't see one in a quick search.

Changing the format to MMM-yyyy seems to make it behave better, but of course it's more work.

Added: Actually, if you increase the number of characters you allow in the field to accommodate it, you can keep the MMM-yy format and enter it as dec 2002 and Word then will shorten it to Dec-02. Hope this helps.