New Lounger
    Thanks

Word XP save reboots system (Word XP w/SP2)

I have a user who makes changes to a document and clicks Save As, There is no error message the system just reboots. I'm sorry if this has been addressed before but the search feature is disabled and I did not see it in the last 12 pages or so.

Thank you,
    Kevin

Thanks

Re: Word XP save reboots system (Word XP w/SP2)

Well, that's definitely not supposed to happen. The generic recommendation is to try Detect and Repair (on Word's Help menu).

Is there anything special about the environment (e.g., customized Save As command), or about the document (e.g., embedded objects or HTML format), or about the source/destination folder (e.g., on a USB drive) that might provide a clue?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Nothing special, standard install. No usb used, all files are saved to the the network drive over a cat5. This is Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro with all sp and security updates. We also run Norton Antivirus 7.6 locally and the Lan Administrator tells Norton runs at the firewall also. It has me stomped, but I will try the detect and repair tomorrow. Thanks for the reply

Thanks

Check the steps in Phil's "Systematic Approach" post to rule out the possibility of rogue (but non-viral) customizations to Word.

Despite the seeming Word-specificity of the problem, you also might want to rule out a bad meory chip. Try to pick up a RAM diagnostic program. They have been discussed on the Software Finds & Wants and various of the Windows boards.