Lounger
    Thanks

SpreadSheet Explorer (2002)

Dear All,
    I got the attached VBS script from a freeware site. It has comments at the top that state what the script does. One drags a folder from Windows Explorer and drops into the script. Script creates the Folder and FileNames in an Excel SpreadSheet. I need a modification thus.
    Create a File, say A.xls. Copy the script as a VBA script into a module. Run the module. The macro should ask for Folder path. Fill in path in an Input DialogBox. Presto, the folder contents are created with the FULL pathname in Sheet 1 in each row for each filename. Thank you.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SpreadSheet Explorer (2002)

Thank you John. Sorry, I could not fathom for myself, the extent of my request. I believed, it just required a few minor tweaks in the code to go from vbs to VBA. The code works fine and I can see that it not just a few tweaks!
    Selva

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SpreadSheet Explorer (2002)

See if the attached Excel VBA code, based on Jan Karel <!profile=pieterse>pieterse<!/profile>'s FileSearch method in <post#=294144>post 294144</post#>, does what you want.

Also, your request is extensive, please note the second sentence of <!rule=17>Rule 17<!/rule> - it's preferable to attempt a project yourself and then ask for help, than to ask for something to be done as a complete project.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS