Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Word accessing the Internet...? (XP)

I'm running ZoneAlarm (free version) on my home computer. Of course, ZA alerts me when an application wants to access the Internet. Well, one day recently ZA popped up to tell me that Word would like to access the Internet and would I mind? My only question is, Why would Word need to access the Internet at all? I do use Word as my email editor in Outlook (against Woody's advice!), but at the time I was not composing an email. I was just working in a document in Word. Is there anything I should be worried about? Is Word trying to contact the mother ship or something?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word accessing the Internet...? (XP)

Hi Lucas:
    If you have hyperlinks that you have accessed or if you have links to pictures on the internet that need to be refreshed, Word will do so. I've also discovered that when I copy graphics (or even text using IE) from the internet & try to paste into Word, that my internet connection will start before I can paste (very irritating). I have ZA set to allow Word to connect without any questions.

Generally speaking, I just run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, & Pest Patrol to control any spyware.
    Cheers,

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word accessing the Internet...? (XP)

Thanks, Phil!