2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

presentation won't advance (PP97)

I am autorunning a presentation from a CD. The viewer loads and the presentation opens to the first slide, however the pages won't advance... No click or key or anything will make it budge. ESC will close the presentation completely. Does anyone have a notion of where to find the culprit? The presentation is set to be able to advance with mouseclicks or pageup/pagedown. there are no automation or timings set. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks. Jenn.

Thanks

Re: presentation won't advance (PP97)

Does the viewer have a menu, e.g., right-click, that lets you navigate by slide number? Does that work??

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There's an issue with older versions of DirectX killing off the mouse, especially after an MPEG plays. But it could cause problems with just a basic presentation, too, I'd suppose. So try updating to the latest version of DirectX and see if that helps.

Another thought--your presentation's not set to Kiosk mode, is it? Slide Show/Setup Show to check that. If it is, you need to add navigation controls (action buttons/settings) for your users to be able to advance slides.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Echo and jscher!

It was the kiosk thingy... And an extra thanks to Echo... it was from an older post of yours and your site that I was able to be successful at making the autorun cd with my presentation on it. It was near perfect, save the kiosk thingy. Many thanks. Jenn.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Glad to hear you got stuff working. Thanks for letting us know!