2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Seagate Annoyance! (Excel 2000)

Okay, ever since I installed Crystal Reports on my PC -- now when I open Excel, it has that annoying little singular toolbar with a icon tool for opening Crystal Reports from Excel. That little tool bar resides Above all the other toolbars, successfully pushing them down farther on that page. Each and every time I open Excel, I go up there and CLOSE the Seagate Crystal Reports toolbar and get everything back to normal, but HOW DO I TURN IT OFF FOR GOOD? I don't want it there! Others in my department having the same problem. We've tried every trick we know, but can't get it to go away.

Thanks

Re: Seagate Annoyance! (Excel 2000)

Don't have definitive answer as I've never used this software. Is it an addin that can be removed (tools-addin)?
    Is it loaded in the registry (registry hack)
    Is the file loaded in XLStart?

Have you tried any of the things in Jan's star <post#=290455>post 290455</post#> to isolate when it might be loaded?
    Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Seagate Annoyance! (Excel 2000)

Steve,

Thanks! I ran the command line without add-ins switch that she mentioned in the StarPost and the tool did not show up. So I went back and check my add ins on my regular worksheet, and Eureka! -- it was there sure enough!. Turned it off! Thanks so much for making me think this through.
    (I sure miss the lounge search feature)!

Tracy