3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two XP's same system (XP home and Pro )

My daughter just bought a Dell Laptop which came with XP Home, and for some of her office-work, she needed software which works only on XP Pro. She then installed XP Pro. She now has both XP Home and XP Pro on the same PC. Is this OK? Should she uninstall XP home, and, if so, how does she safely do this. Are there any risks (for example: the Dell probably came with certain pieces of software and system tools already installed, onto the original XP Home....I guess, and those might malfunction??? Advice please.

Thanks

keith (kdoc)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two XP's same system (XP home and Pro )

If you install XP over XP Home you should be fine

Thanks

If it is the same setup as the Dell PC I recently got, you should find a folder called "I386" - probably on C drive - which appears to contain all the Dell-specific drivers.
    I renamed it "I386-Home", created a new "I386" folder into which I copied all the Pro CD I386 files and sub-folders, then installed Pro over Home. Whenever the Pro installation could not find a suitable driver, I simply pointed it towards the "I386-Home" folder and it was happy.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks folks. Her system seems to be functioning. It seems to have only XP Pro showing. She had already made the switch so it seems too late to sae that file you suggested. One thing which seems to be missing is the originally installed service Pack 1 as part of the Home XP version, but this can be downloaded.

keith