2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Replication (Access 2000 SR-1)

I've inherited a database that's used primarily at another location. The users have local copies of the database that evidently stay updated--but I'm not sure how. I've tried finding the Design Master that drives all the changes but I've had no luck. I looked at one of these local copies, but clicking on Tools > Replication showed only Create Replica, and not Synchronize Now like I expected. I know there's something called Microsoft Replication Manager, but I can't find that either.

Does anyone know where I might find the replication logic and settings for this database?

Thanks,
    Bob

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Replication (Access 2000 SR-1)

Are you sure it is replicated? You can determine that in a couple of ways - one is to check the System Objects on the View tab of Tools/Options, and see if the replication tables exist. You can also examine individual tables to see if they contain replication fields. If it is indeed replicated, then you need to find out where the Replication Manager is running, but I suspect it is not, and they are using either a common back-end, or some updating process is revising the local copies. FYI, we have a tutorial that scratches the surface of replication and has lots of links to more detailed information.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Replication (Access 2000 SR-1)

It does look like the local copies of the database interact with a back-end database on a network drive, so I don't think replication is set up. Thanks anyway for the information resource--that might come in handy some day.