New Lounger
    Thanks

Haunted Outlook - Changing Fonts (Outlook XP 2002)

I've run into this problem recently and wondering if other subscribers have to. Seems I'm working in Outlook when inexplicably, the type font morphs from Palatino (which I selected) into Times Roman. What's more, the cursor acts weird. Not only is there a time delay between what I'm typing, but also where the curson is in the inbox message I am creating. So, if I press backspace or delete the action, I think the action will take place where the blinking cursor is, but the correct placement is a few spaces before it! Sometimes I can fix the problem by highlighting the text, then clicking the proper font. Sometimes I have to close Outlook and reboot. And, something I can not do anything. Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Haunted Outlook - Changing Fonts (Outlook XP 2002)

Are you using Word as your editor?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I am (but I suspect you knew that). I'm in HTML mode. What should I do? (And, thanks in advance for your help.)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Using Word as Outlook editor is notorious for problems. Try using the built-in editor and see what happens; Tools | Options | Mail Format | Uncheck use Word as Editor, select HTML as "Send in this message format". You will lose quite a bit of the functionality of having Word as Editor, but it's more stable.

If you recently migrated from OL2000 to OL 2002 see <!mskb=287893>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 287893<!/mskb>.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS