2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lock Macro Project (Word 2000)

Recently I added the IBM ViaVoice speech recognition program to my system, and wanted to use it with Microsoft word. Once it was installed it has added a toolbar that always appears when I'm using Word either with or without ViaVoice.
    I have searched through the macros and can find a project that contains macros which apparently runs and adds the toolbar. However the Visual Basic program will not allow me to edit that macro. I thought I would simply remove the portion where it starts up the toolbar. The message that appears is
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Lock Macro Project (Word 2000)

I would turn off the add-in which is loaded and only turn it on if I wanted to use the via voice software. You can do this by going into Tools > Templates and addins and removing the tick from the addin. Next time you start Word it will be back so you can do it more permanently by removing it from the startup path for Word.

It is possible to create a macro which turns on the add-in when you want the software to run or turns it off.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your response! As you suggested I found the add-in and I unchecked them all. As you said they reappeared the next time I opened Word. Unfortunately, now I can not get ViaVoice to dictate to word even though all the add-in macros are checked. I have tried various options under the tools menu and dictation menu but I have not been able to find the key.

Can you give me any advice on this?
    if you could give me a suggestion on a macro to turn ViaVoice on or off, that would also be helpful.
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yowza, I didn't mean to break your software - sorry about that. I expected that turning off the addin would disable viavoice in Word but that turning it on again would enable it again. Can you get viavoice to run if you reboot your machine? If not, you may need to reinstall viavoice and not play with these addins again.

I don't suggest you use macros unless the steps you already followed can be made to toggle viavoice on and off. To try to get ViaVoice running again - Does viavoice install more than one addin? If so, is order of activation important? What are the names of the macros contained in the ViaVoice addins? Any autonew or autoopen macros should be run after the addin is activated.

If you are comfortable with VBA code and you can get it working again by turning on the addin then the following code snippets could be used to perform the tasks. You wouldn't use these all at the same time as the code below as written adds a file as an addin (it is turned on), then turns it off, then removes it.
    <pre>Dim sAddin As String
    'the path to the addin you wish to activate
    sAddin = "C:WorkTemplatesVFM Millstone.dot"
    'adds a template to the list of addins
    AddIns.Add FileName:=sAddin, Install:=True

'toggle the addin from on->off OR from off->on
    AddIns(sAddin).Installed = Not AddIns(sAddin).Installed

'remove the addin from the list
    'AddIns(sAddin).Delete</pre>

Again, I stress, this code is worthless if you can't use the Templates and Addins dialog to turn on and off your ViaVoice capability.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia