Lounger
    Thanks

Suggestions on Slide Show (2000)

I have 2 questions: 1) can you mix portrait & landscape slide orientation into 1 presentation? If so, how? 2) I have a presentation that has both portrait and landscape .jpg picture files. Because I can't stretch the portrait pics to landscape without skewing the image, I have alot of whitespace on the slide (see sample attached). Any suggestions on how to fill in the whitespace? I've put text in there, changed background colors, etc., but wondered if anyone else had suggestions?

Any help on these 2 items is greatly appreciated!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Suggestions on Slide Show (2000)

Dory,

To answer number one: I do not know of a way to mix portrait and Landscape with out rotating the image. Your output will be either one or the other, not both.
    To answer number two: I depends on how you are going to use the file. Are your projecting it, sending it to family/friend, or printing?

1. <LI> For projection, you are limited by your screen size and will have to keep your aspect ratio or have circus looking images. I recommend using a black background with white text.
      <LI> For sending to family or friends, no manipulation is required unless you are trying to constrain the image to a preset size for them.
      <LI> For print, and you want the image to fill the page, copy or open the image in Microsoft Photo Editor, rotate the image, save as .jpg, insert image in PowerPoint, and resize to desired dimension.
    Whallah!
    I have attached your sample rotated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Check the multiple masters page of my site for various workarounds to this. URL's in signature.

But...well...what Toadway said.

The upshot is, the height of your projection screen won't change, so just put the portrait stuff onto the landscape-oriented slide and make it as tall as the landscape is. I usually format the background as black, which means that nothing but black projects there. So the portrait-oriented things look as if they're the only thing on the projection screen.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks much to you both! I am projecting this presentation for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I've used your suggestions and they look great! Thanks again! :-)