4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Style Differences between 97/2000 (Word 97/2000)

I modified an exisiting (Word97) template under WORD2000 and tested under Word97 (used by majority of the users in the company). I have added forms and not touched the styles. But, I have found differences between the two documents (one created with the old template and other with the new template).

In effect, what happens is that if the document has Heading1, Heading2 and Heading3 (with exactly the same settings) they do not line up when printed, i.e. the headings have LARGER 'spacing' between heading1, heading2 and heading 3 in WORD2000 created document. I hope this is clear?

The style settings are DUPLICATE. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.

Robie
    Thanks.
    Robie

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Style Differences between 97/2000 (Word 97/2000)

Hi Robie:
    In Word 2000, check the settings under Tools/Compatibility/ & uncheck "Don't use HTML paragraph auto spacing. (I may have this backwards, since I haven't done it recently). This option in Word 2000 (if unchecked) takes the greater of two contiguous paragraph spacing options. Otherwise, Word adds the two spacings together & spaces them out more. I don't believe that Word 97 had that option, but I don't have it to check now.
    Cheers,

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Style Differences between 97/2000 (Word 97/2000)

Thanks Phil.

That was it. Once, I unchecked the option the document looked exactly same in 97 & 2000.

Once again. Thanks.
    Thanks.
    Robie