Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Mark ActiveX control as safe

Hi All
    I have put a little function together on an HTML page that uses an ActiveXObject to submit data to a file. It works fine on my machine as I have temporarily enable my security settings. But it won't work on other machines. It is only going to be a locally used application but I don't reallywant to go around to all the PC's and change the security settings on the PC's.

In the graphic below I have ringed the area which needs to be changed. Basically how can I "tell" mtpage that this ActiveX control is marked as safe

Be gentle, I only dabble in this area!!!

Jerry
    Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mark ActiveX control as safe

I don't write ActiveX programs, but supposedly there is somewhere in design time that allows you to specify this... You will run into more trouble if you need to have a "signed" ActiveX control -- because then you have to pay for a certificate. You might need to scan through Microsoft's documentation of ActiveX control creation to find the answer. I have been told that it is not difficult -- which is one of the reasons it is NOT a good way to differentiate safe and unsafe controls....

If the Program is to be run on a "Local Machine", are you sure you need to worry about this?? I don't recall the "My Computer" or "Local Machine" zone restricting ActiveX that way -- but that could have changed with recent MS security updates.