3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Temporarily hiding Taskbar (xp)

In xp the Taskbar can be temporarily hidden: Rt click START| Properties | Taskbar Tab | Unselect: Keep the taskbar on top of other windows.

Is there some VBA code that I can use to accomplish this while my app is running, then turn it back on as the user leaves the app?

Thanks

Re: Temporarily hiding Taskbar (xp)

I imagine you would have to use SHELL to call windows XP and then use SENDKEYS to send the keystrokes to windows app. Though I am fuzzy on details and can't test since I don't have XP at work.

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Steve

Actually I want this to be backward compatible and not limited to xp. Can you give me the specifics for the SHELL procedure as well as SENDKEY
    thanks

Paul

Thanks

You can goto VB and look under Sendkeys for an example (using the calculator).

Calling windows is not really an excel question and is outside my expertise. You might want to post on the general windows board or the VB board. I can show you how if you tell how to CALL the windows program (path and filename) and what keys to send (how do you do it with the keyboard) The shell program opens the program and the sendkeys sends the keys. You are actually having excel just "sendkeys" to the other program just like you are typing them into the keyboard.

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Question has been reposted in VB/VBA in <post#=297236>post 297236</post#>. Replies over there, please, to avoid confusion and duplication. I am locking this thread.