2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

font size changed when printing (2002)

It has happened to me several times that , with presentations with several slides, most of them consisting just of text, I send them to print, and one of them prints out with the font size changed to a high size.

I have not been able to find the reason. Does anybody know why this happens?
    Guillermo

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: font size changed when printing (2002)

We unfortunately need more detail to try to deduce what is going on. Are all slides using the exact same font and size? Does the font face change as well as the size? Approximately how large is the "high" font size? Is it possible the printer you are using is substituting a different font because of some sort of graphic layout issue? Do you have the latest print driver for your printer installed?
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is not printer dependant.

The slides dont have all the same fontsize.

Font changes from 14 to about 32, which is the standard presentation format I see in the master view.

the text that is changing size in the printed page was written to the "click to add text window". has some bullets. some short text with links (e-mail)

the problem goes away after copying the text (F2 to edit text box, CTRL A to select all , CTRL C to copy text not box) inserting a new text box, pasting as unformatted text (a tedious process because all previous formatting is lost)

Happens with slides with or without graphics.

I have the latest printer drivers
    Guillermo

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just to make sure I understand, "the click to add text window" refers to the text box you get on a new empty slide?

If that's the case, depending on the style of slide you may choose, the text may well be different sizes - but that should be apparent in either slide view or in print preview. Do you see it in either of those views?

Also, what Service Packs have you applied to Office XP?
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

"the click to add text window" refers to the text box you get on a new empty slide? YES

After I type my text in that box, I change the font size to better fit the slide. What I see is not what I get. In slide show or editing mode I see the small font size. When I send to the printer, it freuqently happens to me that one slide will print with the big font size, and only part of the text will fit the slide

I was checking is this is just a common problem (i'm doing something wrong) or if it is a bug...
    Guillermo

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I don't seem to be able to find anything in the online resources that looks even remotely similar to what you describe. You didn't indicate what Service Packs had been applied, but I didn't find anything in the fix list that sounded like what you are experiencing either. Hopefully somebody else will have more ideas.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is not a normal thing, Guillermo, you're correct in that.

A couple of things to try:

1. Go to Tools/Autocorrect and turn off the "autofit text to placeholder." Not sure that's what's causing your problem, but it's worth a try.

2. Go to Tools/Options/Print and check "print true type fonts as graphics." Turn off "background printing."

Hopefully one of those will help. If not, I'd love to see a couple of sample slides.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

As this problems appears sporadically, I'll try to be alert and catch the entire sequence of events that may lead to the bug.

I am working with PowerPoint 2002 SP-2, and windows XP Proffesional 2002 SP-1

Sorry I cant give you more information about the problem.

Thank you
    Guillermo