New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Rules? (XP)

Outlook has started doing something really strange. I have the program set to save sent messages in the Sent folder and this has always worked OK. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, sent messages are being saved in other folders and not in the Sent Folder. I have often experienced aberrant behaviour which appears to have originated with Rules, and I have tried deleting and recreating my Rules (within the Rules wizard) but this makes no difference. Perhaps there is a more radical way of getting rid of my existing Rules and starting again?

2nd unrelated problem: In Outlook Today, the 'Messages' area is filled with endless repetitions of 'Outlook Today'. If I use the customize tool, it makes no difference at all - I can add or delete other folders from the messages list in Outlook Today, but the 20+ repetitions of' 'Outlook Today' remain. I have attached a screenshot to show what this looks like (I've blanked out my appointments and tasks). Any ideas how to solve this?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Rules? (XP)

Are they now moved to the folder where the original message is? Outlook has a setting to save sent items with the original if the original is not in the Inbox. Tools, Options, General tab, Email, Advanced to check the setting.

On the Outlook Today problem - have you closed outlook and/or rebooted? It looks like it might be a display problem. When you customize the page, remove the check box from Outlook Today (if it's checked) - you don't need it listed at all.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Rules? (XP)

I think you may be right about the first problem - when I looked in Options, the option to save with the orginal ws checked so I've unchecked it and will see what happens.

I am afraid the 2nd problem is not a display problem - it re-appears every time I restart windows or open Outlook. Equally, if I go to 'customixe the page' and remove the check box against Outlook Today it makes no difference at all. Thus, I remove the check box, click OK, click Save Changes and, when I'm back in Outlook Today the display remains the same. Interestingly, if I then go back to customize the page and open the Messages section, the check box is back again - it's as if something is preventing me from de-selecting it.