New Lounger
    Thanks

Table of Contents and Page Numbering (2000)

I can't figure out numbering and table of contents. What I need is for the numbering to be C-xx (xx being the page numbers) and for the Table of contents to list page numbers in the same way. As it is now, the TOC is listing just the page numbers, not th "C-". I don't know if that is because I put the "C-" in manually (I typed it in) but I can't find a way to show the "C-" in the footer any other way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrea

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Table of Contents and Page Numbering (2000)

You need to show the C- by adding it to the page numbering. In your document the chapters should be created by using the Heading 1 style which is numbered. Then the page numbers for the Chapter sections should include the Heading 1 numbering which you turn on by putting your cursor in that section and choosing Insert > Page Numbers... then click the Format... button and tick the Include chapter number tick box and start with Heading 1. Now get out of this dialog by clicking OK for the top dialog and then click Cancel to the first dialog (otherwise you get another page number field added where your cursor is)

Now update your TOC and the page numbers should reflect this numbering in that section. Repeat the page numbering steps for each section of your document.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia